Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

Our Medical Mission to Uganda

I am very excited and anxious to go to Uganda next week.   I have received emails about 31 children who are suffering from differnet common infections in Kawete.  I hope to be able to help them recover or at least alleviate their suffering.   Malaria seems to be the most common illness.  It is caused by a microscopic parasite that lives in mosquitos.  When they bite you it gets into your blood and makes you fill like you have the "flu".  It causes fever, low red blood cell counts, fatigue, jaundice, abdominal pain, vomiting and if left untreated can kill. Hopefully, with medicine I am bringing thanks to CCLS and Concordia Lutheran Church members, I will be able to cure the children.  I am also bringing lots of other medicines for things like ear infections, pink eye, sinus infections, pneumonia and skin infections that I plan to use for all the children of Kawete.  I appreciate all the support and prayers as I go to Uganda.  I will post daily reports on our Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment