Total Pageviews

Friday, November 5, 2010

Pediatrics in Kawete, Uganda

The Nile outside my room

My first patiemt


My second patient-allergies!

Nowe was very thankful.




The patient who had a seizure

The with the enlarged spleen and liver



A friendship bracelet for our new patient
It was another great day in Kawete!  The children the past 2 days have been so welcoming and grateful for all we do and all we bring thanks to CCLS and all the people of St. Louis who contributed.  I have seen 20 to 25 children the past 2 days,  I will be rechecking some of them on Monday to make sure they are getting better before we leave.  I see the children in one of the classrooms in the new school!  Most of the children suffer from allergies and complications like sinus infections, ear infections.  A couple also have asthma.Some also have diarrhea diseases that we treat with an antibiotic.  This is not common in the St. Louis. I saw one child with seizures who actually had a seizure while seeing me.  He is ok now and his exam shows that his brain is ok.  I think he will outgrow them.  I ask you to pray for him.  I also saw a little boy whose spleen and liver are swollen and he also has bronchitis.  I am treating him for Malaria (mosquitos give this germ to people in Africa when they bite then,  It is treatable with medication but you can get it again and again.  The mosquito nets help keep the mosquitos away from children at night.  I hope he gets better fast.  I will see him again on Monday, too.  The children were so fun to talk to but I had to use an interpreter.  I am learning a few medical words in Luganda.  I gave out stickers, candy and the friendship bracelets after I was finished.  The children are so patient.  A visit takes longer because I need a translator.  No parent complains either.  I pray for the health and safety of all the children of the world but now because of this experience I will keep the children of Kawete in my thoughts even more.  I will attach some photos of my clinic and some of the patients.  I will be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment