Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday at the "Office"


It is hot in here and my assistants-Melissa and Violet encouraged me to drink some water!


Infant with mild dehydration from vomiting and diarrhea.

Toddler with fever and probable malaria.

Boy with scalp fungus and bad eczema on legs
 and arms.

  We have had another good day in Kawete.  Life took on a little slower pace with school being out today.  Alot of the children were at their homes helping their families with home activities.  There was also a one day market about 1 mile from the where lots of selling and buying of food and clothes and other materials occur.  Jonathon Butterfield's blog has amazing photos of this on his blog.  I did not go to the market but stayed at the school to do my clinic.  I saw 3 or 4 children under the age of 3.  One was a 4 month old boy who had what sounded like Rotavirus Diarrhea/Vomiting and Malaria.  We gave the mother a 3 day supply of Pedialyte powder and malaria medicine.  The baby liked the Pedialyte we made in the clinic.  We fed the baby with a small bottle cap-about 1 teaspoon-at a time.  He slurped it up just fine.  I saw more patients with allergies and bronchitis and ear infections and sinus infections.  I also saw some of the children I had seen the 2 days almost all seemed to feel better.  I hope every one gets better.  I have had another great day.  The children are so joyful and fill my heart with joy and gratitude as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment